All For His Glory Ministries' Devotional Blog

All for His Glory Ministries is a speaking, teaching and equipping ministry that provides discipleship, encouragement and training for women. Our prayer is that the devotionals you read below will encourage your heart and teach you to look for God in everyday things. After all, we're just ordinary women... empowered by an extraordinary God!

Enjoy!


Always Late



by Caryl Havasy


I woke up late again this morning! Of course, then I am late for everything! It’s days like today when it seems like even the smallest and simplest of tasks turn into a huge ordeal. Irritations and interruptions turn into major crises. Now, all of a sudden, I am arguing with my husband, fussing at my children and just being plain rude – because I can’t get anything done!

Does that ever happen to you?

Did you know that it never happened to Jesus? He never was hurried or running late, and every interruption received his full attention and affection. Even when He had ministered to others all day, teaching in the synagogue and taking care of their needs, He still made time to minister with gentleness and love in the home where He was staying. (Mark 1:29-34)

Oh, how I long for my own life to reflect Jesus’ example. I don’t want to be hurried or running late to the point that I am rude and argumentative. After working all day I want to be able to come home and minister to those in my own home with my full attention and affection, to be gentle and tenderhearted, putting my family’s needs before my own.

How did Jesus accomplish such a life?

He never tried to do it alone! He sought the Father and the Father’s help. “In the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up…and went to a secluded place, and was praying there.” (Mark 1:35)

As for me and you, He calls us to “Come to Him when we are weary and heavy-laden” (Matthew 11:28) and to “Cast all our cares on Him because He cares for us” (1 Peter 5:7). He wants us to stop trying to do it on our own, but to abide in Him and let Him accomplish our ‘to-do’ lists – because apart from Him we cannot do anything! But with God all things are possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment